[openbeos] Newsletter Stuff

  • From: "Donovan Schulteis" <deej@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:00:43 +0000

I just noticed Michael put the newsletter live... just so everyone
knows.

Tyler, yours we had some issues getting the file online, so we will use
it next issue with Niels' article - thanks Niels.

For everyone that is interested in submitting's info:  Just plain text
is fine.  Better even.  The only tags I normally use are <p> to break
apart paragraphs, <h3> for anything bold and large (subtitles, for
<code> as examples).  Url's as well - if you have any links, please put
the links in for me.  :P  And remember to include your full name and
contact email address as you want it to appear on the article.  You do
not need to add in the <head> and other html tags, nor name it *.html.

Anyways, articles are looking really good - hope to see more coming in.

And we will do "advertisements" every other issue, opposite the status
updates... so if you have any good announcements, feel free to send them
in.  Obviously this is for BeOS/OpenBeOS related stuff only, and should
be submitted a good deal in advance.  The BeGeistert ad was a good
example of the things we'd like to see, but it doesn't have to be an
event - it could be a product too.  Keep them short, sweet, and we
(newsletter staff) will ultimately determine _whether_ and when it can
go online - remember, only one will make it per month, so timing should
not be one of your concerns.  Multiple submissions, obviously the one
that has the most relevance to the most people in the community will be
the likely choice...

In other words, I give the disclaimer that we will use the one we feel
the most fit, and submitting doesn't guarantee posting - and we reserve
the right to edit the submission for grammar/spelling/english
corrections.

Questions, feel free to email me.  :)

Deej