[openbeos] Re: New Haiku installation on HW

  • From: Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 09:03:21 +0100 (CET)

Tanks every one it works now :)

I made a partition right after partition 1 and now it's working.
So the problem was ether that Haiku can't be on the last part of a 256GB
hdd or that part of the hdd wasn't used

By the way realy nice work and I like what I'm seeing :)

> Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Partition 1 = NTFS,  p2 = Fat32, p3=empty,   p 4=Zeta,  p5=Haiku
>> P2 and p3 are on an extended partition
>> Partition 1  = 80 GB,  p2 = 32 GB,  p3=,  p 4=18,7 GB,  p5=9,8 GB
>
> Is it possible for you to provide debug output? If not, you could turn
> on screen console output in the boot loader, and take a photo of each
> screen as it passes by.
> Is it a SATA or PATA disk? Can you try replacing the "ide" bus manager
> with the "ata" one?
the new ata didn't have any effect what I can see, can the new ata be
slower than the old one? it takes some time now to start Haiku. I gave up
after 2 minutes and went for breakfast but it booting up.

--
MVH
Fredrik Modéen