[openbeos] Re: New Haiku installation on HW

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 08:31:40 -0300

Fredrik Modéen wrote:
My problem are that when the 4 icon are lit (nice boot screen:)) I get a
panic : did not find any boot partitions

This usually means your controllers/HDs were not found.

So how can I track down this error/problem, I haven’t made a bug report as
I don’t know if it’s me doing something wrong or a bug :)

Enable console debug output and check if you can see whu it is failing.

Underneath are a lot of information probably only interesting to those
trying to help me:)

My System
Dell Optiplex GX270 P4 2,54 (478 pin), 2 GB RAM, ATI Radeion 9600 PRO, 256 GB IDE.

Is this ATA or SATA?

I have also a second S3 PCI graphic card  that are not in use.
I have disabled sata and udma, tested with and without udma

I am using a SATA HD in a SATA Jmicron controller and it works. It is possible that your controller is not supported yet.

You should try to use Marcus SATA driver instead the default one installed by default with Haiku. For that you just need to change one Jamfile. Search the list archives and you will find what file it is (or maybe he sent the message to the haiku-development list).

-Bruno