[openbeos] Re: New Haiku installation on HW

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 09:31:50 -0700

On 20/03/2008, Fredrik Modéen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Partition 1 = NTFS,  p2 = Fat32, p3=empty,   p 4=Zeta,  p5=Haiku
>  P2 and p3 are on an extended partition
>  Partition 1  = 80 GB,  p2 = 32 GB,  p3=,  p 4=18,7 GB,  p5=9,8 GB

I just remembered - when I tried to "insert" a partition between two
others (by resizing one with GParted) - I had problems getting Haiku
to boot from it - is that possibly what you've done?

I wasn't sure at the time if I'd done something wrong - and I haven't
had to chance to test this again recently.

When I did this, GParted reported that the newly created partition was
out of sequence - thus sda4 came prior to sda3 which I thought was odd
- but I guess I can understand why it does that.

- Urias