[openbeos] Re: Max number of files on BFS?

  • From: Alexey Veselovsky <valexey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:47:32 +0400

> That should do it.  I've got a separate 4GB disk volume here just for
> incoming e-mail and spam.  Mail I want to keep gets moved to the main disk.
 I store news (files for PineappleNews) and e-mail files in "volume in file",
that mounted before launching PineappleNews and Beam.
 For example PineappleNews launch script:
#!/bin/sh
cd /
mkdir NewsData
mount -t bfs /boot/home/NewsData NewsData
cd /boot/apps/Net/Newsreader/PineappleNews
PineappleNews
cd /
unmount NewsData
rm -d NewsData

 There are no fragmentation on "host" bfs volume.

 I think that any folder then we want to store huge number files must be
"vulume in file", that be mounted then need.

PS. This way not work under Dano and ather BeOS distrib based on Dano (Zeta,
PhOS and so on).

PPS. Sorry for my english.