[haiku] Just a few questions

  • From: Jason McArdle <jasonmm1979@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 07:55:10 -0400

Hello everyone!

I just have a few... well... newbie questions :)

How much of Haiku is actually based off of BeOS? I read somewhere that
Haiku actually uses very little of the original BeOS code, so would
anything from the original BeBook/Be User Guide still apply to it?

Haiku also doesn't seem to recognize the USB headset I have hooked up.

Also, what are there for modern programs that currently-in-use by
other major operating systems also have a port for Haiku? It would be
great to see Blender/GIMP/etc be available for it. It would be even
nicer if I could set up a localhost Wordpress server.

Just asking!

Thanks!