[openbeos] Re: It is accomplished

  • From: "Erik Jaesler" <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 19:59:31 -0700

>> Yes, I have a suggestion.
>>
>> Before doing a gigantic commit such as this, get with Michael and
>> have
>> the CVS auto mailer temporarily turned off.

Whoops!  I don't get CVS mail (where on earth do you guys find the time
to read that stuff *too*?), so it didn't even occur to me.  Sorry about
the overload. ;(

>At least an announcement a day before would have been great.

I seem to recall mphipps saying something last week about it happening
"next Monday", which would have been last night.  Maybe that was on the
admin list, though ...  At any rate, my apologies to all those that were
taken by surprise and swamped by the mailer.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the
argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
        -William Pitt, British prime-minister (1759-1806)