[haiku] Re: Introducing gluon

  • From: Marcos Alves <haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 22:21:43 +0100

Hi Vasco.

I'm very happy to see you here as well. :) We now sum up to the grand
number of two (2) members!

About the translations:

There's the User Guide translation tool that Oscar pointed out. But
before we start working on it, some things have to be defined and/or
done.

We'll need to define who is going to be the Language Manager and once
that's done, the Language Manager has to ask Humdinger (IIRC) for a
Language Manager account at that site, so that he can add the other
translator. Only then the translation process can start.

There is also the Portuguese i18n wiki "center" at
http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/i18n/pt_PT/Info where you can see some
"rules" I created regarding the translations and some tools that can /
should help you in your efforts. You are welcome to add or change them
where you see fit, but you'll need to ask mmadia (Matt Madia) for
write permissions on the wikis.

As Oscar also said, the OS Translation Tool is currently being
improved (I hope :P) by dancxjo (IRC nick). It's quite buggy at the
moment, but you can see for yourself on http://haiku.travvy.info . I
don't know if it keeps the work done if someone uses the tool to do
the translation now, so I wouldn't advise using it just yet.

And to quote Oscar once more...

Bemvindo à Comunidade do Haiku! :)
(See what I did there? :P)

Marcos Alves aka Xeon3D