[haiku] Re: Installing Haiku in Acer Aspire One (was [haiku-development] Re: Kernel APM function access?)

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 13:08:24 -0800

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Jorge G. Mare <jorge.g.mare@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have gone as far as booting the Gparted liveCD and creating an empty
> partition.
>
> However, I seem to be unable to find the way to set the partid to 'eb'.
> Can you be more specific?

It's actually not necessary, make sure to use rootnoverify in the grub
menu instead of just root

If you do want to set the type to eb, I usually recommend using fdisk
- either run with sudo, or root privileges:

su fdisk /dev/sda

I think you use "t" to change the type of a partition, specify the
partition number, and type "eb" for the type code which corresponds to
the BeOS BFS type

Then you can use "w" to write the partition table back to disk...

Don't take my word for the above steps - fdisk has some help to
describe the commands in detail which you should become familiar with
first :)

- Urias