[openbeos] Re: Installer etc

  • From: Eike Dehling <e.e.dehling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:36:34 +0200

Debian's tools are all CLI. You'd at least need a graphical frontend like aptitude for BeOS, to have it accepted in the BeOS community. :) Further i think it is a good idea to have some kind of automated software installation system, wether to use debian's format/tools is not an issue right now anyway. That's r2+ i think. ;)

greetings,

Eike Dehling.

J. Grant wrote:

Has using the Free Software apt debian package format been suggested? I would advocate this over rpm/bsd/win32 style software installs due to it's simplicity and efficiency in doing the job of managing packages!

Kind regards

JG

on the 24/10/03 05:04, Solaja, Zenja wrote:

There is a massive ongoing discussing on the GlassElevator list concerning
packages, installations, settings etc. This thread should continue there.
Thanks.