[openbeos] Re: openbeos Digest V3 #216

  • From: "Gavin James" <gavin.james@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 13:01:26 GMT

>> Ok I'm probably a couple of years too late to even bring this up now
>> going
>> by the archived discussions but I've gotta put in my 2 cents.
>>
>> Firstly the installer, we're all pretty familiar with Windows
>> approach, some
>> seem happy with it.. I'm not one of them.

Me neither, and if you'd been on the GE list you'd have heard some pretty
convincing reasons as to why we do not need to have and in fact should not have
an installation system.

Basically it goes, there is no reason why a user shouldn't be able to simply
drag (or extract) an application folder onto their hard disk and have the
Application Just Work (TM).

Although I was hesitant to begin with, I now agree with that philosophy 100%!

- Gavin