[haiku] Re: Icon-O-Matic questions

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 06:28:03 +0200

Stephan Assmus wrote:
2. Transformer "Contour" property "Detect Orient." I don't see what it's doing...

Paths may be layed out clockwise, or counter clockwise, and then there may be selfintersecting paths which are kind of both. This setting appearantly turns on some magic in the AGG backend for this feature that's supposed to make it behave more consistent. I.e. always extend the contour outward, regardless of path orientation... but I don't know if it works perfectly.

At least it doesn't work _always_ properly. Under some circumstances, the setting reverses the contour, making the shape x pixels smaller. Sometimes it doesn't do anything or only after adjusting the width parameter.

Anyway, thanks for your explanations. I have documented these features as best as I understand them. Corrections are very welcome.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de