[haiku] Re: Icon-O-Matic questions

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 20:13:46 +0200

Hi,

On 2009-07-03 at 15:11:44 [+0200], Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> 1. There's the Shape property "Rounding". How would you describe its
> function? Also funny, when it's checked, the icon appears *less* round...

That one is very much an unfinished feature. Once it's ready, it's supposed
to work like font hinting. It currently rounds the coordinates of vector
paths to integer pixels, but that is a very dumb way to do it, plus it does
that after the transformers have been applied, but it needs to do that
before while additionally taking transformer related stuff into account.
Like special preprocessing of the vector paths so that the coordinates end
up on integer pixel locations. It's not rocket sience, but not trivial
either.

> 2. Transformer "Contour" property "Detect Orient." I don't see what it's
> doing...

Paths may be layed out clockwise, or counter clockwise, and then there may
be selfintersecting paths which are kind of both. This setting appearantly
turns on some magic in the AGG backend for this feature that's supposed to
make it behave more consistent. I.e. always extend the contour outward,
regardless of path orientation... but I don't know if it works perfectly.

Best regards,
-Stephan