[haiku] Re: Haikuware and Bebits are back online

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 17:57:17 -0700

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 04:51:58PM -0700, Luposian wrote:
> Oh, my goodness... my brain TOTALLY went south on me, there!  I got to
> thinking that, since from 600 to 300 was only a doubling from $1 to $2,
> that every other doubling was only a dollar more... "can you say doofus,
> boys and girls?  Good... I knew you could!".  Someone slap me upside the
> head with a trout, please!

Any embarassment you might feel has to be minuscule compared to our local TV
station that reported phony racist names for the Asiana pilots!

> But... still... is even $16 that much to ask of each of us (assuming there
> were only 37.5 of us... ok, who's the half-person?  Maybe it's me... as I
> seem to have become the half-wit with my math), per year?  I think it's
> only fair...

I agree.  We should step up.  I'm habitually terrible at donating.  PBS pledge
drives
drive me away screaming, and I keep meaning to contribute to Wikipedia but never
get round to it.  As Haikuware/BeBits is such an essential facility, though, I
must
make an effort...

        -- Pete --