[haiku] Re: Haikuware and Bebits are back online

  • From: "Luposian" <luposian@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 16:13:05 -0700

-----Original Message----- From: Ingo Weinhold

Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 2:55 PM
To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [haiku] Re: Haikuware and Bebits are back online

On 07/13/2013 09:53 PM, Luposian wrote:
Actually, it’s a big OVAL orange button (heh!)... and when I clicked on
it, it goes directly to a Gallium bounty donation page.  How do you
donate to fund the servers, specifically?  The interesting thing is, it
costs about US$600 (as I recall, Euros are worth slightly more than US
dollars, so I’m rounding up the dollar amount) per year to fund the
servers.  How many people use and believe in Haiku?  If it were 600
people, it would only cost $1 ea.  Say, it were only 300 people...
that’s $2 ea.  Say it was only 150 people... that’s $3 ea.  Only 75
people?  A whopping $4 ea. And, if it were... *gasp!* just 37.5
people... we’d each have to fork over $5 ea.

... or 0.5859375 people just $11 each? Somewhere in that paragraph your
math was abducted and replaced by a dyscalculic doppelganger. Or maybe
slicing people just thinly enough indeed yields a greater total than
expected. ;-)

CU, Ingo

You're funny. Thanks for the laugh. I was simply trying the "halve the math" (thus doubling the amount paid by each person), but beyond a certain point (75 people), it goes into fractions, so the sensibility of it goes out the window.

Latre!

Luposian