[haiku] Re: Haikuware and Bebits are back online

  • From: "Luposian" <luposian@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 16:51:58 -0700

-----Original Message----- From: Ryan Leavengood

Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:29 PM
To: Haiku ML
Subject: [haiku] Re: Haikuware and Bebits are back online

On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Luposian <luposian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

You're funny.  Thanks for the laugh.  I was simply trying the "halve the
math" (thus doubling the amount paid by each person), but beyond a certain
point (75 people), it goes into fractions, so the sensibility of it goes out
the window.

Well I think Ingo was pointing out that you went from 300 people at $2
each (which is correct) to 150 people at $3, which only adds up to
$450. It really is 150 people at $4, 75 at $8, and "37.5" at $16. At
$5 each you need 120 people.
--
Regards,
Ryan

Oh, my goodness... my brain TOTALLY went south on me, there! I got to thinking that, since from 600 to 300 was only a doubling from $1 to $2, that every other doubling was only a dollar more... "can you say doofus, boys and girls? Good... I knew you could!". Someone slap me upside the head with a trout, please!

If Karl gets my Email, he's gonna laugh at my mathematical stupidity... but oh, well... I was just trying to help.

But... still... is even $16 that much to ask of each of us (assuming there were only 37.5 of us... ok, who's the half-person? Maybe it's me... as I seem to have become the half-wit with my math), per year? I think it's only fair...