[openbeos] Re: Haiku-key

  • From: Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:30:50 +0100

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jarle Nygård?= wrote:

I haven't been able to spot a keyboard without those keys in stores
for the past *decade*, so I was wondering: could we assign a function
to it, or has that already been done?
We could call it the 'Haiku-key', and ship Haiku-stickers to put on
them with the official cd-version. :)

Of all the weird and unusual ideas I have ever seen this one rates as "Extremely
Good"! As you say, we can't get rid of the damn things, might as well put them to
good use!

A default behaviour should be configured, but the user should, IMO, be free to change this as he/she sees fit.

I'm gonna go all weekend smiling over this! :)

Regards,
Jarle Nygård
Synergi Developer

I think it's a great idea :)

In some linux-distro's it's easy to make it do something useful, but it's often forgotten or deliberately not used. I've tried a lot to make it really useful, but I can't combine it with other keys, so all it does is opening a compose-window in Thunderbird.

We should make it possible to combine it with other keys, simply treating those weird keys as they were ordinary keys.

If... and only if we can't find anything to do with those ugly keys, at least the "OS"-key can be used to start a small video featuring the development team with Michael Phipps as Godfather ;)

/Kristian Poul Herkild