[openbeos] Haiku-key

  • From: Ronald Vos <egregius@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:16:20 +0100

Perhaps a heathenous question, but has a use been found for those 2
keys with those very dubious symbols? I'm talking about those things
they've been stuffing between the alt and the ctrl keys since 1995.

I haven't been able to spot a keyboard without those keys in stores
for the past *decade*, so I was wondering: could we assign a function
to it, or has that already been done?

We could call it the 'Haiku-key', and ship Haiku-stickers to put on
them with the official cd-version. :)

Then it could be used either to instantly open up the Haiku menu, or
do something with tracker. Perhaps use it as the aforementioned
'jump-key'.

I know it's not as necessary to have as for that *other* OS, since
Haiku will most likely have the famous mile-high menus (easier to
click with the mouse), but it could still be handy.

Ronald Vos