[openbeos] Re: Haiku-key

  • From: Stefano Ceccherini <burton666@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 28 Feb 2005 08:46:23 -0000

>Ever considered that the vast mayority of users could come >from ms-windows
>which does use CTRL+... As shortcut.

Well, you have to learn something new when you switch to a new system, usually.
Initially I switched the CTRL and ALT key too, but then I switch back, as it
made more sense (and that way ALT-C/V is ALWAYS mapped to copy/paste, also in
the Terminal, while for example, in windows, CTRL-C/V won't work in the shell,
and that sucks big time).

>Therefore I would prefer to have the "switch CTRL and ALT as >shortkey" as an
>option (like Be did (although its a hack)

If this can be done in an un-hacky way, I would welcome it too. But I wouldn't
like to have it as a hack.

Stefano Ceccherini aka Jack Burton
Scegli il tuo dominio preferito e attiva la tua email! Da oggi
l'eMail di superEva e' ancora piu' veloce e ricca di funzioni!
http://webmail.supereva.it/new/