[openbeos] Haiku on G3/G4

  • From: Cian Duffy <myob87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:44:46 +0100

Sorry for dragging this topic up yet again, but are there any plans
afoot for resuming the PowerPC port of Haiku before R1, or is it an R2
target/beyond only?

I've just sold my soul to the god of white polycarbonate and bought an
iBook, which will be running YDL. I'd like in the future to be able to
use Haiku on this; although I've given up all hope of my archaic 5400
being supported.

How out-of-sync with the current tree is the PPC port? Would there be
a huge amount of work required to drag it back into sync - other than
writing something to load it from Apples OF, this is. Not something I
ever envisioned doing myself, but I could take a hack at it if need
be.

I think theres a lot of other lurkers on the list with recent PPC
hardware around, and many of those may be using them as their first
machine - the iBook is not going to be my primary machine, however -
my Vaio will continue that role

Cian