[haiku] Re: Haiku Flyers for gsoc and new developers

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:25:36 +0100

Jorge G. Mare schrieb:
However, in the spirit of encouraging others to use
Haiku, I am going to try to create a new flier using WonderBrush.

Wish me luck. :)

Oh, instead of wishing you luck, I have some advice for you: Because you would want to print it at some point, you need to be aware of some deficiencies with WonderBrush SVG export. No filters, no layer blending modes, no text objects (IIRC). Or maybe I did implement text output, don't remember. Anyways, to get exact output, it may help to convert all text objects to shapes in the end, before you export to SVG (Object->Special->Text To Shape). WonderBrush does export bitmap objects as inline SVG images. That's how you can get a drop shadow in the SVG, if need be. To create such a drop shadow, copy the object(s) you want to have a drop shadow onto a new layer, make the object(s) black, add a gaussian blur filter, then flatten the layer (Object->Freeze All). Now you can place the resulting Bitmap object back into your object hiearchy where it acts as a drop shadow.

Best regards,
-Stephan