[openbeos] Getting debug output without a serial port

  • From: Olivier Coursiere <olivier.coursiere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:47:45 +0200

Hi !

More and more computers do not include serial port anymore. This is the case of my laptop.

As far as i know, infra-red ports could act as a serial device in Serial IR mode (compatibility mode) without requiring an IRDA stack. But, it seems it does not work "out of the box" : nothing is send through the port (checked with a webcam !). Maybe my configuration is wrong. Maybe this mode need more initialization.

Is there other solutions to get debug output during boot like parallel or infra-red ports ?

Olivier