[openbeos] Re: Haiku distribution

  • From: "Sean Healy" <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 09:59:19 -0600

A distribution should only come out after Haiku R1 is released. Also
there should be rules on allowing a distro to use the Haiku or Based on
Haiku name/brand. With the MIT license it would be very strange to try
and prohibit Distributions, and I would find it extremely short minded
if we did. Rules however we can set for Haiku derived Distroes.

I would suggest that in order to be called "Haiku", a distro should have permission from the Haiku Inc., and all others be merely "Based on Haiku". Surely we can control the use of the name, even though the code is available to anyone.