[openbeos] Re: Geeky T-Shirt Day

  • From: "Andrew McCall" <andrew.mccall@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:26:33 +0100

On 18/04/07, Waldemar Kornewald <wkornewald@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 4/18/07, Andrew McCall <andrew.mccall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This should be done as a summer contest. " Come up with a design that
> can be used for a t-shirt, long-sleeve t-shirt, polo-neck and hoodie
> etc. etc.  It should clearly show the Haiku logo, yet reflect the
> everyday fashions of current youth.".  The design will then be offered
> for sale via Cafe Press.

This is a great idea and I always wanted to have such a shop, so we
get some more money and have other cool merchandising. BTW, I need a
new mouse pad and if there were a well-designed one I'd buy it. :)

Yes, thats kind of what I am thinking, just a logo is too plain, but
sometimes necessary.  I imagine two sets of gear, one with just the
plain logo for things like Haiku corporate events at shows etc. and
one with a trendy design that can match up to Enties, Flip, Icon,
Emerica skateboard gear in terms of fashion, this is the gear we would
wear to our real jobs on dress down Friday, and (those of us that are
lucky of us to be students) University or college.

If CafePress doesn't work very well for Europeans there is also
spreadshirt.net. If anyone wants to design merchandising for us and
then setup a shop (where the money goes to Haiku ;) this would be
wonderful!

FYI, Michael Phipps should have a few more shirts at home, so if you
want one, just ask him.

Unless there is someone more active within the Haiku community, I
don't mind sorting all the European side of things out and helping set
up the details of the contest.

--
Thanks,

Andrew McCall