[openbeos] Re: Fat muesli-induced troll - Was: Locale Kit

  • From: Michael Phipps <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 13:41:18 -0500

I am list moderator and I didn't respond because Ingo did a superb job of it.
This stuff is way off topic.
As far as "right of reply", well, no. Someone, at some point, has to cut it off and that is here and now. No more.
OT == OpenTracker. But, honestly, I doubt that this thread even has any value there. You can't and won't change the world's preferences on language through an email forum. Axel (and he alone) may feel free to correct me on this, but I would believe that that list, like this one, is for real discussions about things that are within our scope and control. The languages that people speak and the operating systems that they choose to run are not within scope or control. Therefore, they are off topic.

Michael

kevin.lawton@xxxxxx wrote:

Ingo, If you are the list moderator then I suggest that you either do something about the muesli-munching troll who insulted me or at least allow me the right of reply. 'OT devel list' - sorry, can't find it - any chance of a link ? BTW: When you use the acronym 'OT', do you mean 'On Topic', 'Off Topic' or something completely different ? Thanks,
Kevin.

| |