[haiku] Re: Draft in progress of Haiku B1/A5 announcement

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 16:39:11 +0200

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 10:22:16AM -0400, Andrew Hudson wrote:

Here is a link on Google docs to a draft of the next release announcement. It
will need some updates before the release,
and the tail section needs to be filled out.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/136v00sPsdl1I8rAiQb-X1lrB9dPmvWVDOoLVqAawk7A/edit?usp=sharing

I would appreciate any feedback. Please feel free to leave your comments in
the document. If for some reason
you cannot access the document I can either post the contents to the list or
mail a copy.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this so far.

Hi,

A comment about the style first: most of your links are labelled "here".
It would be better to put the links in the existing text instead:

A new scheduler was developed. Read about it <a href>here</a>
would become

This makes it easier to spot what the link is about, and reduces the
"noise" in the text (the whole sentance "read about it here" has the
only purpose of creating a place to attach the link).

And on the contents: I think this goes into too much detail for a
"release notes" document (something we would include in the release
or next to it), but it does not look like a press release either. What
is the use you are targetting with this? Or maybe, should it be split
into separate documents for different purposes?

Thanks for working on this, it looks great besides these minor details
:)

--
Adrien.