[haiku] Re: Connecting the Community with BeShare

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 12:28:04 -0400

Rimas,
BeShare isn't dead, just lacks users... The goal here is to have a unified app, preferably included in R1, for the community to connect to. What are the advantages of XMPP? I've never used it.. I tried "Chat" from haikuware, but it doesn't seem user friendly.. Do you know a good XMPP client to use?
Jimmy

There are actually BeShare clients for Windows/Linux, Unizone was a QT application. We could use that to promote beshare, which would also be useful for promoting Haiku-os.

Sean