[haiku] Can't run PM Haiku

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 17:01:11 -0700

Have I missed a step or something?  I finally decided I'd better install
a PM version of Haiku (:-/), so I downloaded the current nightly (47380)
image to my (2 year old) Haiku work system, and used the Installer to
put it on a fresh (extended) 16G partition.

It's at base a Ubuntu laptop, so I went to linux and updated grub to
know about the new partition (essentially copying what I have for the
current two Haiku ones; I used gparted to check I was using the right
ID).

However, when I try to boot it, I get "Couldn't start OS".  I thought
for some reason it might need the new makebootable, even though it said
it created the MBR on installation, so I downloaded that and ran it.
(Just to make certain I was doing it right, I copied it to the
"system/non-packaged/bin" folder in the new system, and from a Terminal
there did "./makebootable .".  It reported it had installed it.

Still no joy, though.  Never had any trouble running pre-PM Haiku.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

        -- Pete --