[haiku] Re: CD from cafepress

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:17:44 -0400

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 3:18 AM, Fredrik Modèen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> What's happend with the CD from cafepress?
> (http://www.cafepress.com/haiku_os.408438071)
>
> it's 295 euro and it's CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE

Yeah, it was done that way due to the fact that CafePress keeps having
troubles burning the CD image for whatever reason.  Basically the
price was made exorbitantly high to keep people from buying it until
the issue is resolved (and the price reset to something reasonable).
I'm not sure what happens in the case where some overly generous
person still decides to buy one though.  I guess not only will he/she
pay too much, but also the shipment will be greatly delayed, seeing as
CafePress didn't make any yet (I don't think).

- joe