[haiku] Re: CD from cafepress

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 07:03:57 -0700

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 5:17 AM, Joseph Prostko
<joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 3:18 AM, Fredrik Modčen <fredrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> What's happend with the CD from cafepress?
>> (http://www.cafepress.com/haiku_os.408438071)
>>
>> it's 295 euro and it's CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
>>

> Yeah, it was done that way due to the fact that CafePress keeps having
> troubles burning the CD image for whatever reason.  Basically the
> price was made exorbitantly high to keep people from buying it until
> the issue is resolved (and the price reset to something reasonable).
> I'm not sure what happens in the case where some overly generous
> person still decides to buy one though.  I guess not only will he/she
> pay too much, but also the shipment will be greatly delayed, seeing as
> CafePress didn't make any yet (I don't think).

Joe is correct here (he probably heard one of us complaining about it in IRC).

It seems that even with the 3 master CDs we have sent to CafePress,
they have been unable to duplicate them with their system. I suspect
it was some kind of compatibility issue with our cd format, but I
don't know. They have only claimed that this is the first time they've
run into this particular issue, so they weren't sure how to resolve it
right away.

I think they have it resolved now, I received an email yesterday
indicating that they are going to create a test disc and send it to
us.

Unfortunately, before the description and price were modified and we
were told of the issue, several people had actually ordered them and
are currently waiting to receive them still. I apologize to these
individuals but there's nothing we can do except wait for CafePress to
fill those orders once the discs are working. The order process itself
is completely out of our hands once the product is listed as
"available".

I hoped nobody would be desperate enough to pay $400 USD for the CD
(that's the maximum price I could set it to!) :D

Thanks for your patience,

Urias McCullough