[haiku] Re: BFS questions

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 22:49:34 +0100

hudsonco1@xxxxxxx hudsonco1@xxxxxxx wrote:> Hi Alex,
> Question 3 asks if there is a known RAID controller
> that is supported.

Dunno.

> I have read in official BeOS docs that RAID was not
> supported. On Haikuware.com, there is a driver for
> the Promise PATA RAID card.

Be cautious of any driver which isn't distributed with/by
Haiku. Especially old drivers made for BeOS, not because
they're bad, but because Haiku isn't BeOS.

> burning a data DVD under Haiku. For use with Haiku.
> Possibly as a backup. :-)

Currently it's possible, but its manual work:

cdrecord --data my_fs_image.iso (or .bfs or whatever)

You can make images with 'dd' and 'mkfs -t bfs' or 'mkisofs'.

/Jonas.