[haiku] Re: BFS questions

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:54:35 -0500

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 6:36 AM, Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thought i would share some nice bits of the internets,
> i've been using 'duplicity' for work the last few months, found it to be
> very practical. (no haiku port that i know of)
> http://www.nongnu.org/duplicity/index.html

I was taking a look at Duplicity too, as some other people had
recommended it and suggested a port or clone for Haiku. It certainly
sounds like an interesting and straightforward way to make backups.
Gnome also has Déjà Dup (https://launchpad.net/deja-dup) as a nice GUI
wrapper for Duplicity, which could also be cloned fairly easily for
Haiku I think.

I thought I recall hearing that Axel was working on some sort of
rsync-based back-up tool, which is why I haven't yet made any efforts
into porting Duplicity. Any updates Axel?

--
Regards,
Ryan