[openbeos] Re: Asserts?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 05:57:50 CEST (+0200)

Scott Mansfield <thephantom@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> As I work my first task for the OBOS project (libnetapi) I'm
> wondering
> what the generally accepted practices for classes that are part of
> kits
> are, with respect to assert()'s?

As others already have written, use them to assert that the inner
workings of your implementation is correct, mostly in pre-production
code level - i.e. they should normally not be used in public APIs, only
for stuff that's either used correctly or not, like missing locking or
something like this (stuff that will undoubtedly be found during
development, the user should never see them).

Adios...
   Axel.