[openbeos] Re: Asserts?

  • From: Scott Mansfield <thephantom@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 20:59:08 -0700

Andrew-

On Thursday, Oct 3, 2002, at 20:08 America/Los_Angeles, shatty wrote:

[says the programmer who hasn't figured
out doxygen yet...]

At the risk of potentially prolifertaing personal progamming perfereces against my peer's prefernce (s&*$, here I go with that 'P' biz again :-)); it is refreshing to know that I'm not, at the risk of sounding clique-ish and elitist, the "only one out there" who knows what Doxygen and to some contextual degree, what literate programming is about.

For the curious: http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/

Andrew, thank you for the healthy dose of perspective. I will include my assert() junque pending Philippe's and Michael's approval. My hope is that said asserts will be useful for those who need it, and tossed in "release" builds anyhow (they better be--grrrrrrr!). Be (pun intended) assured that I have documented exactly what my intentions are in the code that I've written.

Respectfully,
Scott Mansfield                     ----- -- __o       __o       __o