[haiku] AW: Re: white screen on boot up

  • From: "Ronny Wisor" <RonnyWisor@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 01:22:52 +0200

> No idea. Do you have any recollection which "older" revisions worked?
> Obviously if you can binary search the revision that broke things for
> you, it would be a tremendous help.
>
> Best regards,
> -Stephan

Hi Stephan,

Alpha one works
Alpha two works but crashes after 20 seconds
Revision r37184-x86gcc2 works
Revision r38581-x86ggc2 doesn´t work - white screen

So the problem exists somewhere between revision r37184 and r38581. The
screen starts with "normal" white and gets brighter and brighter. The hard
disk is working all the time so it looks like Haiku is booting.

One of my machines is an EEEPC 701 4G.

I had the same white screen on BeOS R5 with some unsupported SIS graphic
cards a few years ago.

I found another bug in revision 37184 when I move the media player window
around while I´m watching a movie file the player crashes. This bug is
reproducible.

Best regards
Ronny