[haiku] Re: Try it! Stack and Tile

  • From: "Clemens Zeidler" <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 08:40:34 +1200

Am 07.09.2010, 02:04 Uhr, schrieb Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx>:

On 2010-09-03, at 07:13, Clemens Zeidler wrote:

To activate Stack and Tile type:

setdecor SATDecorator

Does this mean that if developers started to pump out decorators to theme Haiku, people would not be able to use them together with SAT?

Don't get me wrong. I think it's fantastic that the SAT code is now separated from the app_server. This makes things much cleaner and safer. I'm just wondering if this will hinder the use of decorators for actually changing the decors.

To support SAT the decorator has to support it anyway, draw highlighted borders, stacked tabs, etc.. The SAT logic can be included into every Decorator via the a DesktopListener interface. As long as your Decorator supports the extra SAT Decorator functions its all fine. (At least theoretically I haven't define a SAT Decorator interface for the extra functions but this would be easy to add.)

Regards,
        Clemens