[haiku-webkit] Re: New repository

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-webkit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 14:05:58 +0200

On 21.06.2012 13:17, Alexandre Deckner wrote:
2012/6/21, Ryan Leavengood<leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>:
Are you interested in others helping now, or would you still prefer to
work on it solo? I still have plenty of TODO items from the last time
I was more actively working on it, though a lot of mine are more
WebPositive than WebKit (though frequently there are dependencies.)

I'm always interested in help, be it in code form or other. For the
code part, the previous git-svn repo wasn't really suited for that but
now it can be considered final and ready for collaborative work.

Right now my problem is the lack of specifications, i've only been a
few days diving into the code per se, and i'm still in the dark, it
generally takes me more than that to understand undocumented code, but
i'll get there eventually. I've tried to address the most obvious
regressions of my port upgrade, but i'm still stuck on several fronts.

In the mean time, while i continue digging the code, i've used my
contract time to other tasks that don't really need thorough code
knowledge but still take time and have to be done, like perfecting the
build system, the git repo, bringing back the test framework (which
was broken since Maxime's era it seems), moving WebPositive to the
Haiku repo, putting the ServiceKit backend work in a branch etc...
basically following the things that have been discussed in this
mailing list. I'll complete my contract hours in approximately one
week, and i believe that, at my current level of knowledge, this
infrastructure work is time better spent than graphic glitches that
can be fixed in 1 hour by Stephan, though i'd be proud to do that
myself :)

Sounds good to me. It will be great to finally have the infrastructure in place. And it is definitely work that I was shying away from during my contract time.

Best regards,
-Stephan