[haiku-webkit] Re: New repository

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-webkit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 21:51:07 -0400

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 6:32 PM, Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A few days ago, i managed to move our svn repo and my personal git-svn clone
> into a single git repository. The new repo is based on a clone of the
> github/webkit mirror. The svn repo appears as a git branch at the proper
> revision. My recent work appears as a merge of upstream  at the correct
> revision and following with my changes. That way, all  histories are kept
> intact, just as if we always used git. Sounds like a good setup to me for
> future development.

Sounds pretty awesome, I'll probably try to clone it tomorrow.

Are you interested in others helping now, or would you still prefer to
work on it solo? I still have plenty of TODO items from the last time
I was more actively working on it, though a lot of mine are more
WebPositive than WebKit (though frequently there are dependencies.)
For example I would like to implement the "press and hold for history
on the back and forward buttons" system that most of the browsers
these days use, but that requires fleshing out of the history API in
our WebKit API, which was pretty much non-existent last time I looked.

Of course if I have an itch to work on Haiku I've got many, many other
options, so I certainly don't have to work on this if you'd rather do
everything until your contract is over.

--
Regards,
Ryan