[haiku-web] Re: account.haiku-os.org update

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 23:55:34 +0200

Hi Jorge,

2008/5/9 Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I was trying to be nice, but it seems I have not succeeded. Oh well... :(
>
> I am having difficulty trying to understand what you want to do, and I am
> quite puzzled by what look to me your constantly changing positions. You
> seem to take one position one day, and then suddenly come back verbosely
> announcing your project that contradicts your initial position.

Jorge, I have maintained a consistent position through all times. I'm
affraid to outline it all right now, as I fear you will find some
inconsistency and hammer about that one. It has been a long day.
Suffice me to say that for the migration a myriad of options are
available, including several options to keep the shared account, even
two that can be implemented today. I told you I'd prefer to wait for
an official Trac 0.11 release, to combine the migration and an upgrade
of the software. This would be released at the end of this month. That
would also coincide with a chance for Gavin to look into the current
state of things, since I don't know much on server security.

> Oh well, maybe it is just me becoming senile or being technologically
> impaired in the first place. Or perhaps a (lethal) combination of both! :)

I don't think you are technologically impaired. You use Haiku :-P

> Anyway, I think I will just step aside and let the "experts" do their magic
> here. I think this will be better than me getting in the way of the
> technology masters, and pissing thin-skinned people off with my
> comments/observations or (failed) attempts to put some common sense into the
> team.

Well, you can't buy a car with common sense.

> I look forward to the day that all our web services will have cool shared
> authentication. Hopefully someone will fix Trac by then (yes, pun intended).
> :P

Trac is making me sad. I don't know why, but we seem to find new ways
to break it almost monthly now. Anyway, congrats with your focus
shift!

Kind regards,

Niels