[haiku-web] Re: account.haiku-os.org update

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 13:11:05 -0700

Hi Niels,

Niels Reedijk wrote:
Hi Jorge,

2008/5/9 Jorge G. Mare (aka Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
I am pretty sure that we had agreed on this list to do the migration to the
ICS servers first, and then look into the shared accounts functionality
after that. Have these plans changed?

I'm pretty sure I haven't agreed on anything.

Maybe it's me, but that's not how Axel and I understood it, as can be seen from the last paragraph of this message:

//www.freelists.org/archives/haiku-web/04-2008/msg00051.html

The Webfaction account that we use now for the website and Trac will not be
there forever, and we don't want to pay another year of their exorbitant
prices.

When will the annual renewal be due? As I told before, Trac is ready
to be migrated.
Would it be possible to plan and work together on doing the migration first?

Sure, whatever.

I was trying to be nice, but it seems I have not succeeded. Oh well... :(

I am having difficulty trying to understand what you want to do, and I am quite puzzled by what look to me your constantly changing positions. You seem to take one position one day, and then suddenly come back verbosely announcing your project that contradicts your initial position.

Oh well, maybe it is just me becoming senile or being technologically impaired in the first place. Or perhaps a (lethal) combination of both! :)

Anyway, I think I will just step aside and let the "experts" do their magic here. I think this will be better than me getting in the way of the technology masters, and pissing thin-skinned people off with my comments/observations or (failed) attempts to put some common sense into the team.

I look forward to the day that all our web services will have cool shared authentication. Hopefully someone will fix Trac by then (yes, pun intended). :P

Good luck!

Koki