[haiku-web] Re: BugTrackerEtiquette

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 01:51:13 +0000

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 9:04 PM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> First, why would we need an MD5 hash of attachments? While I wouldn't
> mind of someone does the extra work to provide, I would never check it
> unless I would think the file got corrupted, and if it got corrupted,
> it shouldn't be hard to find out either way, and notice the provider of
> the file.

I figured that if a file is larger than what Trac allows, >400kb iirc,
then it'd be nice to make sure that it was uploaded (and downloaded)
properly.  Is this wording more appropriate ?

"While not necessary, a md5sum checksum of the file could be included.
This is mostly useful for binary attachments. It will allow another
person to verify that the downloaded file matches the one that was
uploaded."

> The second thing is a bit strange wording/message of the first point,
> or should that be funny? :-)

Heh, a little dry humor perhaps :)

Slightly re-worded:
"If a respected project contributor complains about your behavior on
this bug tracker, then your account may be disabled. If you do not
like this possibility, then become a respected project contributor.
This implies abiding by this rule."

Thanks for the feedback!

--mmadia