[haiku-web] Re: BugTrackerEtiquette

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 23:04:17 +0200 CEST

Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Given the recent slander and plain old ridiculousness occurring on
> our
> bugtracker, I've decided to create :
>     http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/BugTrackerEtiquette
> This will be listed on the main page, where exactly, i'm not certain.

I think the place you chose is good. I just took the time to read that
thing for the first time - nice work, overall! I just stumbled over two
things I think could be improved:
First, why would we need an MD5 hash of attachments? While I wouldn't
mind of someone does the extra work to provide, I would never check it
unless I would think the file got corrupted, and if it got corrupted,
it shouldn't be hard to find out either way, and notice the provider of
the file.

The second thing is a bit strange wording/message of the first point,
or should that be funny? :-)

Bye,
   Axel.