[haiku-inc] Re: Media Kit Contract: Still something to say

  • From: kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 21:14:34 -0600

On 2016-12-07 20:40, Sean Collins wrote:

Dario Casalinuovo wrote:
Hi,
I generally don't leave tied knots if not for a specific reason. So today it's time to say what I think about this organization, how they handled with me, and if I'm happy about all that. I have to admit the whole experience was stressful, and it leaved me in a storm for a few weeks. I had this email in my desk for a few time, humdinger's mail made me resilient as it looked like something was going to change. But it was just steam.

Before all I'd like to thanks Haiku Inc. for having replied me to my contract proposal. No reason, no reply has been given either to me or to the users. I can say I felt hindered for the whole contract duration.

I consider the Haiku Inc. behavior offensive for both users and developers.

Secondarily, I'd like to thanks Haiku Inc. for leaving me in the middle of my work, without the possibility to complete what I wanted to do. The media_kit is one of the harder parts of Haiku Inc. and three months of work are nothing. In the meantime Haiku Inc. is missing to show us their financial reports since three years now, for me it could be a scam. They apparently did something by adding a new member, but the situation isn't changing.

I'd like to thanks Urias for being the only helpful person out there. He is a really good man, and I'm happy to have dealt with him.

And now the Conclusions :

As result of the Haiku Inc. behavior, I'm going to self-exile myself from BeGeistert until something changes. I decided to don't follow any R1 goal of the project, and I will begin messing out with Haiku as soon as the beta is released.

I decided to don't care at all about Haiku Inc.

If someone understand what I'm writing in this email, and agree, I suggest to stop any donation to this non-working and non useful organization.

-- Saluti,
Dario

I agree the lack of financial disclosures is troubling, but based on
what I know Haiku inc is not generating any revenue worth reporting,
it may even be below the reporting requirements now since so much
interest has been lost due to poor handling of funds, contracts and resources.

This is a pretty strong statement. Since being elected to the board
of directors earlier in the year, I've gained access to the bank accounts.

I haven't really seen anything troubling personally. I think the biggest
issue is a lack of time of board members to prepare financial reports.

Looking over the transactions of the Haiku, Inc. bank account, the only activity includes:

* Inbound donations
* Payments for infrastructure (Hetzner, Dreamhost, etc)
* Payments for contracts that have been publicly announced.

The current balance is $29,133.46

There is a huge backlog of work items for the Inc. that need completed. Improving the financial reporting is one of them.

No monkey business.

 -- Alex