[haiku-inc] Re: Contract communication part 2

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 18:18:27 +0100

Patrik Gissberg wrote:
> My anticipation for this contract was that Michael's contract would make
> Haiku take a huge step towards beta. Now it seems as if Michael are
> working on finetuning Haiku, work that is usually performed during the
> beta stage. I must say that I am disappointed.

I don't know why you think Michael is doing "finetuning" ATM. We saw quite a
few memory (corruption?) related crashes and oddities at BeGeistert that
prompted us to start adding memory debugging tools. Michael is continuing that
work and investigating related issues, which I highly appreciate. This isn't
finetuning at all, it is making Haiku usable. Also note, that there are only a
few Haiku developers comfortable with that kind of kernel work and most of them
simply have very little time ATM. While probably less suitable from a marketing
point of view, it's the best use of his time IMO.

Regarding Wifi, yes it would be nice to have that finished, but it's also not
*that* urgent and I'm sure Michael will get back to it soon.

CU, Ingo