[haiku-inc] Re: Contract communication part 2

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 07:58:34 -0500

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 4:26 AM, Patrik Gissberg <patrik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is a reason why the subject contains communication.

Apparently your definition of communication = 'echo chamber'.

> What I am saying is simple; you are doing it the wrong way. This contract
> should be about working on things that takes us to beta. If this contract
> should end with a beta release, money would pour in and Michael could work
> on what he is working on now.

And the point that you have spectacularly missed from all the replies
is that a beta is just as much about stability as features. It can
have all the features in the world, but that doesn't do anyone any
good if no one's going to try it out of fear it will corrupt their
disk, or because it doesn't boot on their system at all.

> I may be wrong, but the donations in October don't say so. We are in the

Correlation != Causation. The fact is, there are many things going on
in the world currently that might cause people to be tight with their
money. This is a disingenuous argument at best.

Regards,

Rene