[haiku-inc] Re: Contract communication

  • From: <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 13:45:24 -0400

On Oct 24, 2011 1:19 PM, Patrik Gissberg <patrik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What I'm saying is simple;

* Keep us informed. Zero blog/news posts has been published since
Michael started.
* Commit often (and with descriptive comments, which Michael is doing well).
* Prioritize tasks that gets us to beta stage (and again, keep us informed).

Since no news or blog posts has been published (and only a few commits),
we (users and donors) cannot know if Michael is busy working.

-----

For what it's worth ... when doing research about hiring contractors, there was something about not being able to require status updates.  I agree, an occasional voluntary update would be appreciated, but on the other hand, I wouldn't want our contractors to be side tracked by doing that on a regular basis. (and instead being focused on their financed tasks)

Granted his commits are not regular timed (for example daily), all of his work (at least seems to be) time intensive for the number of modified lines.  The work on sandy bridge compatibility, intel_extreme bug fixing, and more recently a network bug that was visible only on the next use.

Maybe someone could volunteer to repost/summarize michael's commits to the general mailing list or submit it as a blog post.  To me, that seems like an ideal balance between keeping michael focused on his task and keeping everyone who doesn't follow the commits list informed.

--Madia