[haiku-inc] Contract communication

  • From: Patrik Gissberg <patrik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:46:05 +0200

Hello everybody!

I would like to share my thoughts on how the work Michael is doing on his development contract should be communicated (and somewhat prioritized). The communication to the users/donors is very important so that they can see that progress is being made. They need to feel that their donations is paying off and therefor be more willing to donate.

Therefor, I suggest;

* Create a blog post (or similar) with a list of prioritized tasks. The priority should be; 1. Finish the work on all missing features required for entering beta stage. 2. Fix bugs stopping the final r1 release.

The lists tasks and their priority should be decided by the community. The list should be updated when tasks are being worked on, or is finished (like the work on WPA).

* Commit with descriptive comments as often as possible, so that the users can easily follow his work. Ingo did that in an excellent way!

* Blog frequently (at least once a week) about recent progress, what is currently being worked on and what's next. Why not end each week with a blog post? I'd love that!

The donations is what made this contract possible. Communication to the users/donors is of very high importance. At the moment, the communication is highly inadequate.

Thoughts?

Patrik