[haiku-gsoc] Re: Development Optional Package

  • From: Maxime Simon <simon.maxime@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:09:33 +0200

> Thanks for the tips, as what I'll probably do is take the useful bits
> from Pe's build system and put them in ye olde Jamfile-engine I
> created so long ago (which needs a good update.) Then our project, Pe
> and other projects can make use of it.

Indeed, thanks for the tips. :)
I'll take a look at the Jamfile-engine, and try to make use of it.

> You just have to look, how the headers are included (respectively include
> > each other). '#include "..."' are local headers, '#include <...>' are
> system
> > headers.
>
> All the WebKit headers are using quotes, but for some reason I used
> the system header rules for the WebKit directories in the Jamfile I
> created. Probably because I was being lazy and just trying to get it
> to build ;)

In my Jamfiles, I use SUBDIRHDRS += for local includes
( WebKit headers ), but I didn't put anything concerning Haiku headers.
Concerning libxml2, I had to specify the include path,
so I did this: HDRS += /boot/common/include/libxml2
But I'm pretty this isn't really correct.

Either way I certainly appreciate the encouragement and I'm sure
> Maxime does as well.

Encouragement are always welcome.
And I really appreciate all the encouragements we received.

Regards,
--
Maxime