[haiku-gsoc] Re: Development Optional Package

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 21:27:53 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 19:46:24 +0200
> Von: Maxime Simon <simon.maxime@xxxxxxxxx>

> > I would suspect your Jamfiles. When asking for help on a compilation
> > problem
> > you should always include the contiguous beginning of the output for a
> > source
> > file (best the complete output, if it isn't too long) and the failed
> > command
> > line.
>
> Sorry about that. As attachement there are two text files
> with the output (from two separate compilations related to WebKit).
>

> > Assuming that the quoted error is the first for the file (i.e. you
> haven't
> > omitted an error to include <Rect.h>), the likely cause is that the
> wrong
> > Rect.h header is inluded. My guess is that the webkit sources contain
> such
> > header, too and that you haven't specified the include paths correctly
> > (system vs. local includes).
>

> In fact, I ommited to say, the exactly same project built under
> cross-compiling without any problem. So I wonder it isn't a bad
> include path in one of the WebKit files.
> ( The only thing which differ is Jamfiles. )

For cross-compilation you'll have to specify the system include path
explicitly, so that definitely differs from native compilation. If you're using
gcc 4, then the "-I" option is not the one you want to use to specify the
webkit includes (I still assume that there's a "Rect.h" in the webkit include
directories). Either use "-iquote", if the webkit header are included as local
headers or "-idirafter", if they are included as system headers.

For gcc 2 you should add an include separator ("-I-") after the local include
paths or use "-dirafter" respectively.

CU, Ingo