[haiku-gsoc] Re: Development Optional Package

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 14:14:06 -0400

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 1:16 PM, Ingo Weinhold<ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> With the include separator in-between the directories before are added to
> the local include path, the directories after to the system includes, and
> everything is fine. Save for that this method is deprecated in gcc 4 and one
> should rather explicitly use "-iquote" and "-idirafter" respectively.

I see -idirafter as an option for gcc 2, but not -iquote. So I suppose
if the Jamfile-engine is to be usable for both gcc 2 and 4 it will
need some intelligence to pick the correct include options based on
the version of gcc (which I hope can be determined with Jam.)

So, based on what I have read:

gcc 2: Use -I and -I-, with local (quoted) include directories put
after the -I-.

gcc 4: Use -iquote for local (quoted) include directories and
-idirafter for additional system include paths (libraries, Haiku
system includes when cross-compiling.)

Correct?

--
Regards,